SwAPP was founded in 1995 as the professional association for qualified specialists working in one of the many fields of pharmaceutical medicine and drug development. SwAPP members come from pharmaceutical companies, contract research organisations, health care institutions, biotech companies, health authorities and ethics committees. SwAPP welcomes members with an academic background, for example in life sciences, biology, pharmaceutics or a similar field, and physicians, as well as non-academic health professionals.
SwAPP promotes a Life Long Learning Program with SwAPP diplomas and continuous professional training. SwAPP is growing continuously and has today more than 300 members. 80% of the members are committed to continuous professional training. A third of all members carry a SwAPP Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine.
You find information about the history of SwAPP here.
We are organised as follows
- SwAPP members are recognized as highly qualified professionals
- SwAPP is a competent and solution-oriented contact for all partners in pharmaceutical medicine
- SwAPP strives to ensure high quality and ethical standards as well as professionalism in clinical research and development
- SwAPP is a networking platform for its members supporting their professional development
- To support our members in the performance of their professional duties in clinical research and development by offering first rate educational events, a Life Long Learning Program, networking and a career development platform
- To strengthen the relationship between professionals in clinical development and other stakeholders in pharmaceutical medicine
- To promote the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge concerning best practices in clinical research and develoment
Interested? Join SwAPP today
As a member, you benefit from
- The SwAPP Life Long Learning Program
- Professional and accredited training events with special fees for members
- Great networking opportunities with other professionals in health sciences
Your employer benefits from
- Employees that are recognised as qualified professionals
- The expertise and network SwAPP members bring into the organisation
- High quality standards
Apply online for membership by clicking here: Application Form